Pineapple Coriander Cleansing Detox Smoothie
- 1 Cup of Fresh or Frozen Pineapple
- 1 Handful of Coriander
- 1 Celery stalk
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 tbsp Flax / Linseeds
- 1 tsp. Spirulina (optional)
1. Pineapples contain the digestive enzyme bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory action, and also helps the digestive process. Pineapples also contain high levels of manganese, which is important for breaking down proteins and carbohydrates and building strong bones.
2. Coriander is a heavy metal chelator, meaning it will help to draw heavy metals out of the body. This herb also helps the digestive process by supporting peristalsis and preventing bloating.
3. Celery contains potassium, which is important for the pumping of the heart.
4. Flax seeds contain omega 3 fatty acids, which can help to fight pain and inflammation in the body.
5. Spirulina contains all essential amino acids, and is a complete protein.
This immune system boosting, detox smoothie recipe is really good for you and also tastes great.