Apple & Blueberry Healthy Smoothie Recipe
This weeks healthy smoothie recipe is geared towards balancing your blood pressure, reducing cholesterol levels and boosting your fibre intake.
- 2 Handfuls of Greens
- 1 Apple, Cored
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Almond Milk, Coconut Milk or Water
Smoothie Health Facts!
1. Greens are high in fibre, which help to literally “sweep” toxins out of your digestive system
and out of your body. This fibre content also helps to lower cholesterol levels. Greens are also a rich source of magnesium, which helps to lower blood pressure, reduce muscle cramps and strengthen bones.
2. Apples are a rich source of pectin, which helps to lower cholesterol levels and support general digestive function. Apples are also full of antioxidants which help to protect against diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and arthitis.
3. Blueberries can help to reduce cholesterol levels, blood pressure and are full of antioxidants. Bluberries have a high anthocyanin content that can help to improve blood flow and prevent the build up of plaque on the blood vessels.
4. Cinnamon is rich in calcium, iron and manganese. Cinnamon has been found to have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antimicrobial and anti-clotting properties. This bark has many health benefits such as aiding general digestion, improving circulation and supporting the immune system. Cinnamon has also been found to help balance blood sugar levels.